Amendment C127 implements the findings of the draft Municipal Bushfire Risk Assessment 2020 and the draft Rural Living Strategy 2020 into the Latrobe Planning Scheme.
Where does the Amendment apply?
The Amendment applies to all land in the municipality:
- Traralgon South;
- Hazelwood North;
- Moe South;
- Boolarra and ;
It applies an overlay to areas in:
- Boolarra; and
An interactive map tool is available to search addresses and view how the amendment may propose to change land zones and overlays:
What does Amendment C127 do?
The amendment proposes a range of changes to the Latrobe Planning Scheme, specifically the Amendment proposes the following changes:
Planning Policy Framework
- Amend Clause 02.03 (Strategic Directions) to include strategies relevant to bushfire risk;
- Amend Clause 02.04 (Strategic Framework Plans) to incorporate the recommendations of the draft Latrobe City Municipal Bushfire Risk Assessment 2020 which includes the introduction of the Municipal Landscape Bushfire Risk Map;
- Amend Clause 11.01-1L (Tyers) to update the Tyers Town Structure Plan to remove an area from ‘Future rural living’;
- Amend Clause 12.03-1L (Rivers and Waterways) to include strategy relevant to bushfire risk;
- Inserts Clause 13.02-1L (Municipal Landscape Bushfire Risk Areas) to include policy relevant to bushfire risk;
- Amends Clause 14.01-1L (Subdivision in Farming Zone Schedule 1) to include additional strategies around bushfire risk and subdivision design;
- Amends Clause 14.01-3L (Forestry and Timber Production) to include strategies that address bushfire risk in relation to timber production;
- Amends Clause 15.01-3L (Subdivision Design) to include additional strategies around bushfire risk and subdivision design;
- Amends Clause 16.01-3L (Rural Residential Development) to support further analysis of areas identified for future rural living in the Rural Framework Plan;
- Amends Clause 17.04-1L (Major Attractions and Commercial Tourism in Latrobe) to include strategies that address bushfire risk in relation to rural tourism; and
- Amends Clause 17.04-1L (Facilitating Rural Tourism) to include strategies that address bushfire risk in relation to rural tourism.
- Rezone Boolarra Precinct C, Boolarra Precinct E, Moe South Precinct A, Traralgon South Precinct E, Traralgon South Precinct F, Tyers Precinct D and Yinnar Precinct B from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Farming Zone, Schedule 2;
- Rezone privately owned land in Koornalla Precinct A from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Farming Zone, Schedule 2;
- Rezone publicly owned land in Koornalla Precinct A that does not abut Traralgon Creek from Farming Zone 1 to Public Park and Recreation Zone;
- Rezone publicly owned land is Koornalla Precinct A that abuts Traralgon Creek from Farming Zone 1 to Public Conservation and Resource Zone;
- Rezone Hazelwood North Precinct F from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Rural Living Zone, Schedule 1;
- Rezone privately owned land in Flynn Precinct A from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Rural Living Zone, Schedule 1;
- Rezone publicly owned land in Flynn Precinct A from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Public Park and Recreation Zone;
- Rezone 106 Tyers-Walhalla Road, Tyers from Special Use Zone, Schedule 6 to Rural Living Zone Schedule 1;
- Rezone Toongabbie Precinct C, Toongabbie Precinct D and a portion of Toongabbie Precinct H from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Rural Living Zone, Schedule 1, as identified;
- Rezone a portion of Toongabbie Precinct H from Farming Zone, Schedule 1 to Rural Living Zone, Schedule 2; and
- Rezoning land to fix anomalies.
- Inserts Schedule 12 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay) relating to development of residential land at significant bushfire risk;
- Apply the Design and Development Overlay to Boolarra Precinct F, Boolarra Precinct G and Toongabbie Precinct H;
- Inserts Schedule 10 to Clause 43.04 (Development Plan Overlay) relating to future planning of precincts with consideration to the bushfire risk;
- Apply the Development Plan Overlay to new greenfield rural living precincts C and D in Toongabbie; and
- Amend Schedule 1 to Clause 44.06 (Bushfire Management Overlay) to update the mandatory condition requirements and decision guidelines.
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.03 (What Does This Planning Scheme Consist Of?) to update the list of planning scheme maps consistent with the changes listed above;
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 72.08 (Background Documents) to include the draft Latrobe City Municipal Bushfire Risk Assessment 2020, the draft Latrobe City Rural Living Strategy 2020 and the Design Guidelines Settlement Planning at the Bushfire Interface 2020;
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 74.01 (Application of Zones, Overlays and Provisions) to insert a new Schedule in the form of the attached document; and
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 74.02 (Further Strategic Work) to insert a new Schedule in the form of the attached document.
Current Stage: Post Exhibition
Public exhibition of the amendments took place between 24 June 2021 and 6 August 2021.
A total of 11 written submissions were received for Amendment C126. A total of 45 written submissions were received for Amendment C127.
There have been delays in the progression of the amendment, this is due to officers trying to resolve concerns raised by submitters, in particular the CFA. Council officers continue to try and engage with the CFA to progress this work.
Once we have been given an opportunity to work with the CFA, all submissions received, as well as a response to each submission, will be presented to Council for their consideration. It is anticipated that this will occur in the second half of 2022. All submitters will be directly notified of the meeting date ahead of time.
Submissions lodged to amendment
Due to current restrictions in place, pursuant to Part 5.5 Section 205(1) of the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020, please see below a copy of submissions made to the amendment.
Publication of these submissions online is an approved temporary measure to meet Council’s requirements under Section 21(2) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 which states that:
“the planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect during office hours free of charge until the end of two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses”.
Please contact Kristy Crawford on (03) 5128 5499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries relating to Planning Scheme Amendment C127.
- Explanatory Report
- Instruction Sheet
- Clause 02.03 – Strategic Directions
- Clause 02.04 – Strategic Framework Plans
- Clause 11.01-1L – Tyers
- Clause 12.03-1L – Rivers and Waterways
- Clause 13.02-1L – Municipal Landscape Bushfire Risk Areas
- Clause 14.01-1L – Subdivision in Farming Zone Schedule 1
- Clause 14.01-3L – Forestry and Timber Production
- Clause 15.01-3L – Subdivision Design
- Clause 16.01-3L – Rural Residential Development
- Clause 17.04-1L – Major Attractions and Commercial Tourism in Latrobe
- Clause 17.04-1L – Facilitating Rural Tourism
- Schedule 12 to Clause 43.02 – Design and Development Overlay
- Schedule 10 to Clause 43.04 – Development Plan Overlay
- Zone Map
- Latrobe C127latr znMap05
- Latrobe C127latr znMap06
- Latrobe C127latr znMap07
- Latrobe C127latr znMap08
- Latrobe C127latr znMap09
- Latrobe C127latr znMap10
- Latrobe C127latr znMap32
- Latrobe C127latr znMap44
- Latrobe C127latr znMap45
- Latrobe C127latr znMap46
- Latrobe C127latr znMap65
- Latrobe C127latr znMap67
- Latrobe C127latr znMap100
- Latrobe C127latr znMap101
- Latrobe C127latr znMap102
- Latrobe C127latr znMap106
- Latrobe C127latr znMap114
- Latrobe C127latr znMap121
- Overlay Map
- C127 Gazette Notice
- C127 FAQ Sheet
- Toongabbie Precincts Map