Latrobe City is a vibrant regional City and is recognised as one of the four major Victorian regional cities and one of the fastest growing non-metropolitan centres in Australia.
Latrobe City has a diverse and vibrant portfolio of major events and has many skilled event organisers, a diverse range of international standard facilities, tourism infrastructure and a community that is supportive of sporting events. We’re proud of our ability to host major sporting events.
Only 90 minutes away from Melbourne, Latrobe City boasts all the necessary infrastructure, recreational and cultural facilities of a large diverse regional centre, making the ideal home away from home location for major events and visitors.
Please find attached a copy of the Latrobe City, a Major Events Destination prospectus. This prospectus provides in-depth information on major events venues, accommodation options, transportation to the city and things to see and do.
Major Events in Latrobe City
Latrobe City has a proven track record in hosting and delivering significant sporting events with a long list of World, National and State titles across many disciplines including:
- International Tennis – ATP Challenger Championships and ITF Junior Championships (held in Latrobe City for the past 22 years)
- FIBA Oceania Youth Basketball Championships
- AFL NAB Challenge Matches in 2010, 2015 and most recently in March 2017
- A-League Regional Fixture and Pre-season Community Camps and Games
- Super Rugby Pre-season Community Camp and Match
- Nitro Circus
- Southern University Games
- Volleyball Australia Training Camps
- NBL Pre-season Community Camps and Game
- Much more!
Why host Major Events in Latrobe City?
Latrobe City has all the necessary services and facilities to meet the requirements to host your next major or community event. With recent multimillion dollar developments to a number of our sporting facilities, you can be assured you will have access to cutting edge, superior/quality facilities which will certainly be welcomed by all participants.
Our facilities include:
- Multi indoor sports competition and training facilities which are duplicated across the city
- Grassed recreation reserves duplicated across the city catering for football, cricket and soccer
- International standard indoor sports stadiums
- Strength and conditioning gyms
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Meeting and function rooms
Require further information?
For further information on hosting your event in Latrobe City, please contact:
Jess Middlemiss Major Events Officer Ph: (03) 5128 5630 Email: Jess.Middlemiss@latrobe.vic.gov.au