Information on how to pay a fine or how to appeal a fine.
Dealing with an infringement notice
If you receive a fine, you must pay or take other action by the due date. Ignoring a fine will become serious and costly. The options below are available to you if your fine is at infringement notice stage.
Options to deal with your infringement notice:
If you don’t pay
If you do not pay your fine and you ignore all reminders, the matter becomes serious and costly. The Infringements Court may issue an enforcement order and/or an infringement warrant, giving the Sheriff power to enforce that warrant.
The Sheriff can enforce an unpaid infringement warrant by:
- the seizure and sale of your property
- suspension of your driver licence
- suspension of your vehicle's registration
- non-renewal of your vehicle's registration
- wheel clamping of your vehicle
- your arrest
Learn more at: online.fines.vic.gov.au/fines