In partnership with Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, the Steps to the future program was developed to improve indigenous employment opportunities in Gippsland.
The program is not limited to any particular industry or region in Gippsland and both private and public sector employers participate.
The program offers:
- Delivers mentoring
- Focuses on matching skills and interest with jobs
- Entry at different levels into a diverse range of employment
- Financial assistance for projects which offer training leading to lasting employment opportunities
- Tailored according to needs
- Tailored training package for employers
- Improve cultural understanding and awareness between Indigenous and non-indigenous
Mentor and Support
- Mentor and support to both the trainee and employer
- Career development training to the participant
- Advice to employers for training, budgeting and program development
Coordinator Employment Development
1300 367 700