Latrobe City Council has a designated Aboriginal Liaison Officer who:
- Supports the operation of the Braiakaulung Advisory Committee.
- Acts as a liaison between the local Aboriginal community and Latrobe City.
- Leads relevant networks to ensure the provision of quality services to the community are met.
- Promotes recognition and understanding of Aboriginal cultural heritage issues within Council and the wider community (including recognition and celebration of local and national days of significance).
- Coordinates the development of the Reconciliation Action Plan and monitors organisational compliance to the Statement of Commitment to Reconciliation.
For more information phone our Aboriginal Liaison Officer - Chelsea Stewart on 0417 226 366 or email Chelsea.Stewart@latrobe.vic.gov.au