Latrobe City Council advocates on behalf of our community in order to influence State and Federal Government policy-makers to deliver positive outcomes for our Regional City.
These could include provision of funding assistance for our major projects or changes to policy to benefit our region and our community.
Council conducts advocacy in the following ways:
- Submissions to State and Federal Government Consultations and Parliamentary Inquiries;
- Direct and proactive advocacy through meeting programs and direct correspondence with the State and Federal Ministers and policy-makers;
- Submissions to State and Federal Budget processes.
Recent Latrobe City Submissions
The following recent submissions have been made to State and Federal Government Consultations and Parliamentary Inquiries in relation to issues that are currently affecting Latrobe City.
- Inquiry into the Victorian Government’s response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Australian Government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic and any related matters
- Senate’s Environment and Communications Legislation Committee - Inquiry into Coal Fired Power Funding Prohibition Bill 2017
- Senate Finance and Public Administration References Committee - Lessons to be earned in relation the Australian bushfire season 2019-20
Other submissions have also been lodged by Council Officers to support investment, and economic and job growth in Latrobe City.
One Gippsland Partnership
Latrobe City Council is a proud member of One Gippsland, which is the peak regional advocacy body representing this diverse region and its communities.
One Gippsland aims to form and keep strong relationships between government, business and community, while also collectively working together to champion the interests of our region and our people.
View more information at onegippsland.org