Grants, training, seminars and information for community groups in Latrobe City
Information and workshops for community groups in Latrobe City.
Is your community group online?
FREE promotion for your group, activities and events as well as help direct community information and enquiries to the right person.
Register your group in our Community Group Directory
- Visit the Community Directory Sign-up page
- Input group details Remember an email address is needed to register
- Keep your details updated
Get your events online too
Register your event in our Events calendar
- Visit the Submit an Event page
- Input event details The event will then be sent to the Latrobe City Events team for approval and to be published
Community Groups Information and Training Workshops
Latrobe City Council organises a series of free workshops annually for community groups.
These workshops provide opportunities for community group representatives to increase their knowledge, skills and confidence around important topics that encourage the running of effective and robust community groups and clubs.
To receive direct updates about each workshop phone the Community Strengthening Team on 5128 5658 or Community.Strengthening@latrobe.vic.gov.au
MONDAY 24 FEBRUARY
Emotional Intelligence: How to apply the principles for a balanced, collaborative and effective group
Develop the skills to manage conflict, relationships and your own resilience!
WEDNESDAY 25 MARCH
Inclusive Groups: How to grow your membership with an inclusive culture
- Understand the value of diversity with age, background and ability in membership
- Learn from those who have diversified membership with great success
- Develop practical strategies to attract new members and be more inclusive once they join
- Create a plan for how to market and promote your inclusiveness
WEDNESDAY 13 MAY
The Three G’s of Grants: Guidelines, Generating, Growth
Be a grant guru and develop ideas, understanding and application of all things grants.
WEDNESDAY 8 JULY
Succession Planning: Building Leadership and Maintaining Momentum
Succession planning should help you achieve your group or club's objectives by having the right skills and plan. Join us to have a closer look at where your group is now, where it needs to go and what you can do to get there.