Skip to main content


Latrobe City Council does not receive building permit applications; we primarily provide a statutory building control function. Building permit applications can be lodged with any privately operating building surveyor.

Our Building Services team ensures that our responsibilities under the Building Act and Regulations are fulfilled.

Our Municipal Building Surveyor deals with outstanding permits, investigates breaches to building legislation, assesses applications, investigates unsafe or unsuitable buildings and provides advice.

  • Building Permits

    A building permit is a document issued by a building surveyor that allows building work to occur, which include details of the building work, persons involved, any conditions and endorsed plans/specifications that detail how the works will be carried out.

  • Work Permits and Other Permits

    Works or Asset Protection Permit applications are available Online or from service centres in Traralgon, Morwell, Moe or Churchill. Customers can email their application in order to receive an invoice to - 

  • Building Advice

    Building Advice is available for a wide range of projects and may include property information, report and consent information, essential safety measure compliance, pool and spa information, fencing information and standard design drawings. 

Do you like our site?