A development plan or precinct structure plan is a:
- big picture plan
- vision for developing new communities
- primary plan used for guiding development.
- plan showing where future residential lots, roads, pathways, open space and physical infrastructure should be located
Cross’s Road Development Plan
- Eight parcels of land that total an area of approximately 76 hectares.
- The site is bound by Tyers Road to the west, Cross’ Road to the south, the Riverslea Estate residential subdivision to the east and Latrobe River floodplain to the north.
- Proposes 677 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 18 December 2012.
Ellavale East Development Plan
- Two parcels of land that total an area of approximately 33 hectares.
- The site is on the eastern edge of Traralgon’s existing urban area, adjacent to the established ‘Ellavale Estate’ residential subdivision.
- Proposes 323 new housing lots.
- Following the Council Meeting on 1 July 2019, Council Officers sought to retain 2 large trees; investigated the possible relocation of the southern access to align with Ashleigh Place – due to a higher number of objectors to the relocation, it was decided to retain the original proposal; facilitated the consideration of the options to retain the dam – further detailed investigations will occur at permit stage.
- Endorsed by Council on 16 October 2019.
Erin Park Development Plan
- Land at 215 Bank Street, Traralgon that total an area of 16.8 hectares.
- The site is bound by Bank Street at the eastern end of its north boundary and frontage to Leinster and Donegal Avenue on the east boundary.
- Proposes 146 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 27 July 2012. An amendment to the Erin Park Development Plan was endorsed on 2 October 2018, this amendment changed an area identified for Medium Density development to Standard Density and simplified the content of the DP. Another amendment was endorsed on 21 January 2019, this replaced land identified for a ‘Community Facility’ with ‘Standard Density Residential Lots’.
Franklin Place Development Plan
- One parcel of land that total an area of approximately 24.25 hectares.
- The site is bound by Park Lane to the east and Marshalls Road to the north.
- Proposes 241 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 1 July 2013. An amendment to the Franklin Place Development Plan was endorsed on 22 March 2019, this amendment removed the lifestyle village and replaced it with standard residential house lots.
Franklin Place Summary Report(PDF, 2MB)
Crinigan Road Development Plan
- Six parcels of land that total an area of approximately 80.26 hectares.
- The site is bound by plantations to the north, Alexanders Road to the east, Crinigan Road to the south and the Morwell Golf Club to the west.
- Proposes 785 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 18 December 2012. An amendment to the Crinigan Road Development Plan was approved on 26 February 2014, this amendment removed the reference to a neighbourhood activity centre site being required within the approved development plan area.
Morwell East Industrial Precinct Development Plan
- Land on the corner of Princes Drive and Alexanders Road, Morwell that total an area of 104 hectares.
- The site is bound by Princes Drive to the south, Alexanders Road to the west and the National Foods site to the east.
- Proposes 44 new industrial lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 30 November 2011.
Morwell West Development Plan
- Twelve parcels of land, including land owned by Latrobe City Council that total an area of approximately 43 hectares.
- The site is generally bound by Toners Lane to the south-west, Toners Lane Reserve to the north and Latrobe Road to the east.
- Proposes 457 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 12 April 2016.
Haigh Street Development Plan
- Ten parcels of land that total an area of approximately 14.93 hectares.
- Site consists of land to the north and south of Haigh Street, and is generally bounded by the Moe-Yallourn Rail Trail to the south, Old Sale Road to the east, Bowmans Road to the west of the northern lots, and Narracan Creek to the west of the southern lots.
- Proposes approximately 80 new housing lots in a range of lot sizes as well as a future place of worship.
- Adopted by Council on 19 June 2017 subject to further technical work being undertaken in relation to stormwater. Plan formally endorsed on 15 December 2017.
Waterloo Road Development Plan
- Seven parcels of land that total an area of approximately 46.5 hectares.
- The site is bound by the Moe Contour Drain to the north, newly developing residential area (Mitchell’s Grove) to the east, farmland to the west and Waterloo Road and existing residential to the south.
- Proposes 509 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 4 June 2014. An amendment to the Waterloo Road Development Plan was endorsed on 31 January 2019, this amendment removed the ‘possible community centre’ and medium density housing sites from 110-120 Waterloo Road, Moe.
Monash Views Development Plan
- Two parcels of land that total an area of approximately 94.27 hectares.
- The site is bound by Coach Road to the west, Monash Road to the north, Yallourn Golf Club to the east and Fairway Drive to the south.
- Proposes 221 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 11 September 2013. Amendments to the Monash Views Development Plan and Land Management Plan were endorsed on 29 July 2014, these amendments were required due to bushfire protection issues for Stage 5 of the subdivision.
Philip Parade Development Plan
- Two parcels of land that total an area of approximately 7.8 hectares.
- Site is generally bounded by Monash Way to the west, Canterbury Way to the south and Eel Hole Creek to the east.
- Proposes 86 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by council on 5 December 2016. An amendment to the Cross Sections was endorsed on 19 September 2017.
Churchill West Development Plan
- Land at 515 Hazelwood Estate Road, Churchill that totals an area of 86.91 hectares.
- The site is bound by Switchback Road to the north, Gaskin Park to the east and Arnolds Road and Hazelwood Estate Road to the west.
- Proposes 669 new housing lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 17 February 2014.
Glengarry East Development Plan
- Applies to two parcels of land at Cairnbrook Road, Glengarry that total an area of approximately 21.05 hectares.
- The northern parcel abuts Gippsland Plains Rail Trail to the west and the southern parcel abuts existing residential properties. The surrounding land to the north, south and east is used for farming.
- Proposes 130 new lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 20 November 2018.
The Acreage Development Plan
- Two parcels of land that total an area of approximately 66 hectares.
- The site is bound by Moe-Glengarry Road (Main Road) to the south and Tyers-Walhalla Road to the north and west.
- Proposes 80 new housing lots, comprising of 59 low density residential lots and 21 rural living lots.
- Endorsed by Council on 9 March 2016.
Development Plans (DPs) and Precinct Structure Plans (PSPs) prepared by Latrobe City Council
In some instances, Latrobe City Council will prepare DPs / PSPs; this is generally in areas where:
- there are a large amount of landowners
- the extent of the precinct and infrastructure required is significant
- if a development contribution plan is required
The following have been prepared by Latrobe City Council and have associated Development Contribution Plans:
Lake Narracan Precinct Structure Plan – Moe/ Newborough
- Prepared in partnership with the Metropolitan Planning Authority (now the Victorian Planning Authority).
- Land between Lake Narracan and the existing Moe/Newborough township
- Total area of approximately 610 hectares.
- Proposes approximately 3,700 new housing lots.
- Associated Development Contribution Plan applies to the precinct.
- Incorporated into the Latrobe Planning Scheme on 17 December 2015.
Traralgon North Development Plan – Traralgon
- Land between Traralgon Maffra Road and Marshalls Road, Traralgon
- Total area of 118 hectares
- Proposes approximately 1,077 new housing lots
- Associated development contribution plan applies to the precinct
- Endorsed by Council on 29 November 2013. An amendment to Traralgon North Development Plan was endorsed on 6 January 2016. Another amendment was endorsed on 19 February 2020; this added an additional 5.23 hectares of land to the north of the Development Plan.
- A Neighbourhood Activity Centre Plan for Traralgon North was endorsed on 10 June 2016.
Traralgon North Summary Report(PDF, 16MB)
Morwell North West Development Plan – Morwell
- Land between Latrobe Road and Maryvale Road.
- Total area of 142 hectares.
- Proposes approximately 1,280 new housing lots.
- Associated development contribution plan applies to the precinct
- Endorsed by Council on 4 October 2010. An amendment to the Morwell North West Development Plan was endorsed on 10 December 2018, this amendment was a result of a five year review of the Development Plan and Development Contribution Plan.
Detailed background reports for all DPs and PSPs can be requested, if required.
Phone the Urban Growth Project Officer on 5128 5751 or email UrbanGrowth@latrobe.vic.gov.au