The Community Kitchen is available for booking by all members of our community including community groups, non-profit and commercial organisations.
Community kitchen details
Our new Moe Service Centre hosts a community kitchen which is available for hire.
- 4 burner gas stove/oven with exhaust canopy
- 3 tray commercial turbo oven
- 420 litre refrigerator/freezer
- Stainless steel benchtops
- Kitchen counter with roller door facing breakout area
- Dishwashing facilities including high performance commercial pass-through dishwasher (up to 1000 plates per hour), and 2 dish and 1 hand washing sinks/basin with hot/cold (with exhaust fan)
- Plenty of cupboard and bench space
- Cutlery, glasses, cups and saucers, bowls, plates
What you need to know
- The conditions of hire apply to all community kitchen bookings
Moe Service Centre hours are: Weekdays: 8.30am - 6pm Saturdays: 9am – 12noon Sundays:10am – 2 pm Earlier or later access can be arranged with prior approval.
Community groups using the kitchen will need to be registered with Council’s Health Services team if the food that is being prepared in the community kitchen will be sold. A Food Safety Supervisor is not required, however basic certification for food handling is recommended.
Registration paper work and further information for community groups using the kitchen can be obtained from Council’s Health Services team.
If the user of the kitchen is planning a community group food fundraiser, they will need to know what to do.
Those intending to host cooking classes do not require registration or Food Safety Supervisor requirements pursuant to the Food Act 1984 however basic certification for food handling is recommended.
Businesses using the Moe Community Kitchen for their manufacturing/food production must ensure they hold Food Act Registration. Please note that caterers attending private functions are exempt from notifying Council of the event however all caterers must hold current Food Act Registration with their Council.
How to book
By requesting a booking you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
Alternatively a tentative booking for use of the community kitchen can be made by:
- phoning 1300 367 700
- emailing email@example.com
What happens next?
The person booking the community kitchen will be contacted via telephone or email to confirm the booking.
The community kitchen can be booked free of charge for all users. However, should a cleaner be required to be arranged to clean up following the use of the kitchen, the individual user or group will be invoiced $100 to cover this cost.