Skip to main content

Property Information

If you are planning alterations or extensions to your home it may help to have a copy of the original drawings. If you would like a copy of your building plans, building permit, occupancy permit or certificate of final inspection, please complete the Request for Building File Information form (below) and submit it to a Latrobe City service centre in Morwell, Moe, Traralgon and Churchill. There is a non refundable fee payable when the request is made.

Whilst Latrobe City Council holds many building records, not all records can be located, particularly for older buildings and those in outlying areas. For information on a property which you do not own, you must provide written consent from the owner or their agent before we release information.

Under Regulation 51 of the Building Regulations 2018 you can ask for information on permits, certificates, statements, notices, orders, designation and determinations of the land and mandatory inspection approval dates. Solicitors, conveyancers, building surveyors, developers and builders should complete and submit the Request for Building Approval Particulars form (below). Please submit a current copy of the certificate of title and the appropriate payment with the request.

Related Documents