On time enrolments for 2024 three year old and four year old kinder closed 30 June, however registrations are still being accepted and will be offered in order of receipt where places remain available.
Please see link from the Department of Education and Training about what to expect from three and four year old kindergarten programs and what the Best Start, Best Life reforms mean for families https://www.vic.gov.au/give-your-child-the-best-start-in-life
Kindergarten - Virtual tour
Registrations for 2023 are still being accepted and will be offered in order of receipt where places remain available. You can still apply for kinder for the remainder of 2023, please email email@example.com to arrange to have the registration link emailed to you.
Latrobe City Council encourages all children to attend kindergarten as research has shown that early education helps set children up for a bright future, as they learn skills that they will take with them throughout their life.
Kindergarten virtual open days
Kindergarten programs are delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher. They are designed to improve your child’s development in:
- social skills, like how to play with other children in a calm, sharing and rewarding way
- self-awareness and respect for others
- emotional skills, for example understanding their feelings
- language, literacy and numeracy skills, such as reading stories and counting objects
- a joy for learning and group activities, such as talking, drawing and making things together with other children their own age
- ability to make new friends
- exposure to new ideas and concepts.
Kindergarten provides families:
- Opportunities to meet other families and make community connections
- Access to support for children with special needs
- Access to other community services.