**2023 enrolments for 4 year old and 3 year old kinder are open**
Kindergarten is a one-year education program for children, the year before they attend primary school.
Latrobe City Council encourages all children to attend kindergarten as research has shown that early education helps set children up for a bright future, as they learn skills that they'll take with them throughout their life.
Enrolments for 2024 will open early May, please keep check of this webpage for further information.
Ask a question about kindergarten
Be notified when enrolments are open
Three-year-old kindergarten: Enrol now, or learn more about enroling
Four-year-old kindergarten: Enrol now, or learn more about enroling
Kindergarten virtual open days
Explore each of our kindergarten facilities online
Kindergarten programs are delivered by a qualified early childhood teacher. They're designed to improve your child’s development in:
- social skills, like how to play with other children in a calm, sharing and rewarding way
- self-awareness and respect for others
- emotional skills, for example understanding their feelings
- language, literacy and numeracy skills, such as reading stories and counting objects
- a joy for learning and group activities, such as talking, drawing and making things together with other children their own age
- ability to make new friends
- exposure to new ideas and concepts.
Kindergarten provides families:
- Opportunities to meet other families and make community connections
- Access to support for children with special needs
- Access to other community services.