Early Start Kindergarten enables eligible 3-year-old children to access a preschool program, for up to 15 hours per week.
To be eligible children must be:
- aged three years by 30 April in the year that they attend preschool and
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person or
- known to Child Protection (including children referred from Child Protection to Child FIRST).
Two years of preschool provides an important start for children. It helps with the development of language, social interactions and self-confidence. Preschool also helps to prepare children for success at school later in life.
Find out more
- Contact Family Services on 1300 367 700
- Talk directly with a Latrobe City Preschool service