What is Three Year Old Kinder?
- Three year old kinder is an educational program for three year olds in the year before preschool.
- The three year old program only operates at centres where there is sufficient demand.
- Three year old kinder is one day a week
- 2022 - a five hour program.
- To be eligible your child must be three years old before 30 April, in the year of attendance. Children must turn three years of age before they can commence at the service.
- We operate a central enrolment scheme.
- The enrolment form allows you to state your preference for a particular three year old group.
Is my child eligible?
To be eligible for three year old kinder, children must be three years of age before 30 April in year of attendance.
In 2022 each child will have access to a five hour session, one day a week.
Children are eligible for one year of funded three year old kindergarten and will commence four year old preschool the following year. Children who withdraw from a kindergarten program once they commence are not eligible for a second year of funded kindergarten anywhere in Victoria. Therefore, it is important that families consider whether their child is ready for three year old funded kindergarten, prior to their child commencing in the program.
Preferences are offered at all 24 Latrobe City Council preschools, however places will be dependant on enrolment numbers.
Kindergarten virtual open days
3 year old kinder fees for 2022 are $100 per term a $31 admin fee is also applicable.
Kindergarten Fee Subsidy in 2022
If you as a parent/guardian you:
- hold a Humanitarian or refugee Visa, or
- hold a Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran’s Affairs Card.
If your child;
- is Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, or
- is a triplet
You are eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy and your child can access up to 5 hours of three-year-old kindergarten or 15 hours of four-year-old kindergarten per week for free at all Latrobe City operated Kindergartens in 2022.
To run three year old sessions we must receive a minimum of 15 enrolments. For some rural centres, with a small number of enrolments, we may be able to combine a three year old session with a preschool (four year old) session.
Three year old kinder sessions in 2022 will be offered at (centres and days are subject to change):
- Park Lane Preschool - Friday
- Sara Court Preschool – Friday
- Traralgon Early Learning Centre -Monday/Tuesday
- Kay Street Preschool – Friday
- Cumberland Park Preschool – Thursday
- Cameron Street Preschool– Monday
- Pax Hill Preschool - Wednesday
- Traralgon South Preschool - Monday
- Tyers Preschool – Friday
- Glengarry Preschool - Monday
- Maryvale Crescent Preschool - Monday
- Elizabeth Wilmot Preschool
- Parklands Preschool - Monday
- Churchill Hub Preschool – Monday
- Glendonald Park Preschool
- Boolarra Preschool – Monday
- East Newborough Preschool - Monday
- Murray Road Preschool - Thursday
- Moe Early Learning Centre – Tuesday
- Moe Heights Preschool
- Yallourn North Preschool – Friday
- Yinnar Preschool - Monday
Kindergarten offer timelines
On-time enrolments closed 30 June 2021 – enrolments are still being accepted after this date however will be classified as a late application.
Offer acceptance due
Mid-September (two weeks after offer)
Offer acceptance due
Mid-October (two weeks after offer)
Offers from October onwards
Weekly or when vacancies become available
Enrolments for 2023 three year old kinder will open in April 2022, please keep check of our webpage for further information.
How to enrol your child for three year old kinder
On-time three year old kinder enrolments for 2022 have closed. Placements for applications will be offered in order of receipt where places remain available.
Before you start you will need:
- access to your email (we suggest using a personal email address as some organisations may have a block preventing you from receiving the kindergarten offer via your work email address)
- a copy of your child’s immunisation history statement.
PLEASE NOTE – Maternal and Child Health Records cannot be accepted. This document can be downloaded from the MyGov website