- Visit Current Vacancies
- Click on the sign up link to create an account and follow the prompts.
- Once account has been activated, select vacancy and click on the ‘apply for job’ link, and follow the prompts.
- If you are having difficulties at anytime, hit the help icon on the top right hand corner of the screen.
Latrobe City Council prides itself on a merit-based application process where applicants are shortlisted according to their suitability for the position. To ensure a fair and equitable process, our application process requires you to upload your resume and a cover letter at a minimum.
For some positions, you may be required to upload additional documents such as education certificates.
This is an opportunity to introduce yourself and provide an overview of your suitability for the role. The cover letter allows you to briefly explain why you are the best candidate for the position and what makes you stand out. Showing passion and outlining why you want to work for Latrobe City Council shows the interview panel that you want the job. In the cover letter include the title of the position you are applying for, your contact phone number and address the hiring manager (whose details will be in the advertisement). Your cover letter should be succinct and be no longer than one page in length.
An up-to-date resume should be uploaded and include your employment history, work experience, qualifications, training, key skills and attributes and details of two professional work-related referees, including their phone number and email address.
Note: We only accept personal or character references in certain circumstances and our preference is that you provide work-related or professional references to support your application. This could include a previous or current supervisor or manager, a previous or current school teacher or a previous or current university/TAFE lecturer.
Key selection criteria
The key selection criteria form part of the online application and are a crucial part of the application process as they help us to better understand how you meet the requirements of the position. Not all key selection criteria contained in the position description will be required to be addressed at the application stage – we recommend that you review the online application form prior to preparing your responses.
Under each selection criteria listed, you should write a short statement or paragraph providing examples of how you meet those criteria in relation to the requirements in the position description.
Note: uploading a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria is not required as you will enter your responses directly into the on-line application form.
- Review the position description and understand the requirements of the role
- Contact the hiring manager if you have any questions about the role. This is also a good opportunity to introduce yourself and to learn more about the role and Latrobe City Council
- Decide if you have the skills and qualifications for the job
- Provide examples in your Key Selection Criteria responses demonstrating how you meet each criteria, or outlining transferable skills you have
- Check your application documents (cover letter and resume) for spelling, grammar and punctuation errors
- Ensure you attach the correct documents to your application
Thank you for your application and good luck!
Should you require more assistance with your application, email us at email@example.com.