VicSmart is a streamlined assessment process for straightforward planning permit applications. Unlike the regular planning permit process Vic Smart applications are not advertised to the public and the information that applicants are required to submit is more specific and predetermined.
Visit the DELWP website to find out if your proposal can be lodged as a VicSmart application
Is your application eligible for VicSmart?
If you are unsure if your planning permit application qualifies as a VicSmart contact our Statutory Planning team
What you need to submit for your VicSmart application?
- Completed Vic Smart application form with the declaration signed and dated.
- Full current copy of title (dated within the last 60 days).
- Completed VicSmart checklist list which is applicable to application. All plans must be drawn to an appropriate scale.
- Planning fee
Select the appropriate checklist to find out what to include in your VicSmart application
- Realign a boundary between two lots
- Subdivide land into lots each containing an existing building or car parking space
- Subdivide land with an approved development into two lots
- Construct a front fence in a residential zone
- Construct a building or works in a zone (other than a rural zone)
- Construct a building or works in an overlay
- Remove, destroy or lop one tree
- Minor subdivision, minor buildings and works, painting or tree lopping in a Heritage Overlay
- Minor subdivision or buildings or works in a Special Building Overlay
- Display a sign in a commercial, industrial or special purpose zone
- Reduce a car parking requirement
- Reduce or waive loading/unloading requirements
- Two lot subdivision in a rural zone
- Construct a building or works in a rural zone
- Extension to one dwelling on a lot in a residential zone