Our commitment to you, drawing arrangements
We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account
- As authorised in the LCDDR (Latrobe City Direct Debit Request) and/or; According to any notice sent to you by Latrobe City Council specifying the amount payable and the date the payment is due
- If the direct debit falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited, you should ask your financial institution.
- We will not change the amount or frequency of drawing arrangements without your prior approval
We reserve the right to cancel the LCDDR drawing arrangements if two or more drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution and to arrange with you an alternate payment method.
A fee to recover costs may be charged if:
- Drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution for whatever reason.
- The wrong or incomplete BSB and Account Number is given and as a result the drawings are returned unpaid to us.
Drawing dates must fit in with one of the following:
- Weekly – each Monday
- Fortnightly- either Friday
- Monthly - 1st day of each Month
- Instalments - 30th Sept, 30th Nov, 28th Feb, 31st May
- Annually - 15th Feb
We may vary this agreement at any time by giving you at least 14 business days’ notice by ordinary post to the address you have given us. Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the third business day after posting.
We will keep all information, in your direct debit request, pertaining to you & your nominated account at the Financial Institution, private and confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- To the extent specifically permitted by the law; or
- For the purpose of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query, dispute or claim); or
- To verify details with your Financial Institution if required (eg. BSB and bank account number)
You may terminate the LCDDR drawing arrangements, at any time, by giving written notice to us. We should receive such notice at least 10 business days prior to the due date and before you give notice to your Financial Institution.
You may request change to the drawing amount and/or frequency and/or your nominated Financial Institution of the LCDDR drawings by advising us, in writing, of your requirements no less than 10 business days prior to the due date.
Where you consider that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly [outside the LCDDR arrangements] you should take the matter up directly with us and as soon as possible so that we can resolve your concern quickly.
If the drawing is not as per the instructions of the LCDDR action will be taken, within 10 business days to either adjust or refund the incorrect drawing to the account from which it was drawn.
If the drawing is as per your instructions we will provide you with reasons or copies of any documents which we believe justify the view we have taken.
Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to Latrobe City Council in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter between us and you. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution who will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
Your commitment to us, your responsibilities
By signing the LCDDR, you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account according to the agreement we have with you.
It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries on how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet a drawing on its due date.
It is your responsibility to check with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available through BECS on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the authorisation given, in writing, to draw on the nominated account, is identical to the account signing instruction held by the Financial Institution where the account is based.
It is your responsibility to advise us, in writing, no less than 10 business days, if the account nominated by you to receive the LCDDR drawings is transferred or closed or if you wish to terminate the LCDDR.
It is your responsibility to arrange with us a suitable alternate payment method if the LCDDR drawing arrangements are cancelled either by yourselves or your nominated Financial Institution.
It is your responsibility to advise us, in writing, at least 10 business days prior if you wish to defer or alter the drawing schedule. This includes variation of amount or frequency and deferment of payment.