Our first time parent group is offered over 6 weeks to help support parents and their babies.
The program is designed to help you develop a supportive network and an opportunity to learn together.
Benefits of joining include:
- Make friends and social networks
- Increase your confidence as a parent
- Learn about child health and development
Some of the topics covered during the 6 week program:
- Sleep and settling
- Adjusting to changes in your relationships after having a baby
- Women’s health
- Connecting with your baby
- Moving your body after having a baby
What Were We Thinking
The birth of a first baby is a unique life transition during which all new parents will experience a period of adjustment.
What Were we Thinking is part of our First time Parents Groups and aids parents to manage and adjust to change – this session is intended for both parents and support person/s.
By attending these session you will:
- Have increased confidence and competence in infant care
- Have a new vocabulary and concepts to describe your needs and experiences
- Appreciate the importance of empathy and understanding of each other’s changed needs
- Recognise common stereotypes about the roles and responsibilities of mothers and fathers