Council's maternal and child health service is free and confidential.
It is for families who live in, work in or are visiting Latrobe City, who have children aged from birth to six years of age.
Find a maternal and child health centre near you using the new Neighbourhood Navigator.
See a maternal and child health nurse
Phone our booking service on 5128 6128
Locations and session times
View the timetable(PDF, 965KB)
New parents and babies
A maternal and child health nurse will contact families within a few days after mother and baby have been discharged from hospital.
Parents can also arrange a visit with a nurse, call 5128 6128
Our maternal and child health services
The Universal Maternal and Child Health service offers support and advice with:
- Regular checks on your child's health, development and growth, through visits to a Maternal and Child Health centre
- Women's health issues including post natal depression
- Range of parenting issues including sleep and settle, diet and nutrition, toilet training, behaviour and guidance, safety, immunisation and more
- Home visits, for the first visit after coming home from hospital
- Families working through complex needs and issues
- Referrals to specialist services for concerns identified by the parent or the Maternal and Child Health Nurse
Enhanced Maternal and Child Health service
An additional support service for families working through complex needs and issues, and when the family needs more intensive support.
Families can access this service through a referral from the Universal Maternal and Child Health service, or other community support services.
How often can I attend?
You can access the support of a Maternal and Child Health Nurse as you need.
However there are ten key age and stage visits you are encouraged to participate in:
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 and a half years
We value and appreciate your feedback on our Maternal and Child Health Service and any improvements we can make.
To give us your feedback, fill out the Maternal and Child Health Survey.
Maternal and child health line – 132 229
This service is staffed by qualified Maternal and Child Health Nurses who can provide information, support and advice regarding maternal health, child health and development, and parenting issues.
Call 132 229 throughout Victoria for the cost of a local call.
This 24-hour telephone service operates in conjunction with the Maternal and Child Health Service.
The MCH App combines trustworthy information and time-saving features, into one simple digital tool. Features include:
- Nora, the app’s digital assistant, can answer most common child health queries
- a library of information on popular health and development topics
- click-to-call contacts
- prompts for upcoming appointments
- regular updates and messages
This free app can be personalised and is available for all Apple and Android smartphones.