The Rural Land Use Strategy 2019 was adopted through Amendment C105. State government changes to bushfire considerations for rezoning applications meant that rural land rezonings needed to be separated from Amendment C105.
Amendment C127 aims to finally complete this piece of work whilst increasing bushfire consideration and awareness in a land use planning context.
Amendment C127 implements and facilitates the directions set out within the Rural Living Strategy 2020 and the Latrobe City Municipal Bushfire Risk Assessment 2020 by rezoning specified areas of rural land and identifying bushfire risk municipal wide via a 'traffic light map' that is to inform local planning policy and strategic land use planning.
Amendment C127 also sees the application of a newly-created Development Plan Overlay, Schedule 10 and Design and Development Overlay, Schedule 12 to a limited number of precincts in Toongabbie and Boolarra to ensure that future development occurs with regard to the identified bushfire risk.
The Amendment affects the existing land zoning in 16 precincts, including minor correction rezonings around crown and publicly owned land.
- Ensure that there is a 15 year lands supply for rural living land.
- Ensure rural land that is fragmented is zoned Farming Zone, Schedule 2 (where appropriate).
- Ensure municipal-wide bushfire risk is considered for future strategic land use planning purposes.
- Ensure bushfire risk and mitigation measures are appropriately considered.
We want your feedback, here's how you can have your say:
Complete the form at the bottom of the page to have your say.
Anyone is welcome to arrange a 1:1 meeting with a Council Officer to discuss the proposed Bushfire and Rural Rezoning in more detail, please call us on 5128 5445 to schedule a meeting between 11am and 7pm during one of the below days:
- 30 June 2021, Toongabbie Mechanics Hall, Cowen Street, Toongabbie
- 14 July 2021, Traralgon South Community Hall, Cats Drive, Traralgon South
- 15 July 2021, Monash Hall Yallourn North, Reserve Street, Yallourn North
- 19 July 2021, Churchill Public Hall, 9-11 Marina Parade, Churchill
- 20 July 2021, Toongabbie Mechanics Hall, Cowen Street, Toongabbie
If these times are not suitable for you, please phone us to discuss alternate options.
Please also note that these sessions are subject to any COVID restrictions in place at the time.
If restrictions are in place which limit our ability for face to face meetings, alternative arrangements will be made with the community. This could mean appointments via zoom or telephone.
Submissions can be made in writing to:
- Latrobe City Council
Attention: Strategic Planning Department
PO Box 264
Morwell VIC, 3840
Attention: Strategic Planning
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 6 August 2021.
Please contact Kristy Crawford on (03) 5128 5499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries relating to Planning Scheme Amendment C127.