- Tracks Trails and Paths Strategy(PDF, 18MB)
- Tracks Trails and Paths Implementation Plan(PDF, 211KB)
- Latrobe City Play Space Strategy(PDF, 3MB)
- Play Space Improvement Plan 2016-2021(PDF, 10MB)
- Catterick Crescent Reserve Master Plan(PDF, 5MB)
- Maryvale Reserve Master Plan(PDF, 3MB)
- Recreation and Leisure Strategy (pdf 113kb)
- Public Open Space Strategy (pdf 15.7Mb)
- Moe/Newborough Outdoor Recreation Plan (pdf 2.53Mb)
- Morwell Outdoor Recreation Plan (pdf 1.88Mb)
- Southern Towns Outdoor Recreation Plan (pdf 2.01Mb)
- Northern Towns Outdoor Recreation Plan (pdf 2.51Mb)
- Gaskin Park Master Plan (pdf 2.46Mb)
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve Master Plan (pdf 5.06Mb)
- Soccer Plan (pdf 1.22Mb)
- Tennis Plan (pdf 1.14Mb)
- Skate and BMX Plan (pdf 216kb)
- Bicycle Plan (pdf 7.75Mb)
- Moe Tennis Needs Assessment (2013)(PDF, 1MB)
- Warren Terrace Reserve master plan (2014)(PDF, 10MB)
- Morwell Recreation Reserve Precinct master plan (2014)(PDF, 6MB)
- Review of the Traralgon Outdoor Recreation Plan (2014)(PDF, 19MB)
Recreation Needs Assessment and Recreation Infrastructure Policy
In November 2017, Latrobe City Council endorsed the Recreation Needs Assessment and Recreation Infrastructure Policy.
Latrobe City Council has a diverse range of recreation facilities across the municipality. All Council owned/managed facilities have been subject to detailed planning studies, including township and site specific master plan reviews.
The Recreation Needs Assessment now provides Council with a clear, objective direction and measurement on the prioritisation of recreation projects for the coming years. The Recreation Infrastructure Policy clearly outlines what Council will and won’t fund in terms of recreation infrastructure.
Play Space Projects
Moe AAA Play Space – Construction of Stage 1 Nature Play
Latrobe City Council and Latrobe Valley Authority have funded the detailed design and construction of Stage 1, Apex Park, a nature play space.
The works are expected to take up to 6 months. This project has been a partnership with Apex & Lions Clubs of Moe, where they had direct input into the master plan, detailed design and selection of elements to be included in the space.
Some key facts about the project are:
- Timber from trees removed at the site will be re-purposed into animal carvings and other play features.
- Additional trees will be planted at the site, with shade being one of the most important consideration in planning any new play space
- Formalised car parking will be included
- New access paths within the play space will be installed to connect to existing amenities
- It will be a unique play opportunity, different to anything else provided in Latrobe City before
- New BBQ and new shelter will also be installed
- There will be improved picnic tables and seating
Latrobe City Council apologises for the inconvenience in closing part of the park, but the results when it is reopened will be amazing.
Moe Botanic Gardens – Construction of a new Play Space
Latrobe City Council have worked in partnership with Moe Rotary Club to design a new play space for Moe Botanic Gardens. Latrobe City Council & Latrobe Valley Authority have funded this exciting new addition and will be commencing work at the site in Spring 2019.
Works will include installation of some exciting new play equipment, landscaping, linking path networks and all with a theme of the old goldfield railway history significant to our area.
The works are expected to be complete in Autumn 2020.
Kingsford Reserve master plan
Latrobe City Council is developing a master plan for Kingsford Reserve in Moe. The reserve was formerly the site of tennis and bocce courts. Latrobe City Council will be talking to the local community about opportunities for the reserve. Stay tuned for more information and opportunities to be involved.
If you would like to register your interest in being involved with this project please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Traralgon Youth Precinct Feasibility Study
Latrobe City Council, partnered with CONVIC, are conducting a feasibility study to determine the design and location of a Traralgon Youth Activity Precinct.
The precinct offers the opportunity to hold a range of activities for youth in Latrobe City and other age groups.
Current Recreation Projects
There are a number of recreation projects currently underway in Latrobe City, including:
Installation of Sports Lighting at Apex Reserve in Traralgon
Construction of a new sporting pavilion at Apex Reserve in Traralgon
Construction of new tennis courts at Traralgon South Recreation Reserve
Construction of new player facilities at Traralgon South Recreation Reserve
Construction of ten new courts and a new pavilion at Monash Reserve Newborough
Installation of Sports Lighting at Tyers Recreation Reserve
Construction of a new player pavilion at Ronald Reserve Morwell
Fit out of the upstairs area at Traralgon West Sporting Complex pavilion
Construction of new cricket nets at Glengarry Recreation Reserve
Construction of new cricket nets at Maryvale Reserve Morwell
Construction of a public toilet and meeting space at Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve
For further information relating to these projects please contact the Recreation & Open Space team at email@example.com