- Clients are advised that following all vaccinations, a waiting period of 15 minutes is recommended in order to observe for any possible reactions.
- It is suggested that in the event of a child’s illness prior to immunisation, advice be sought from the child’s own doctor about the appropriateness of vaccination.
- Please bring your Medicare Card to immunisation sessions.
Catch Up Childhood Immunisations
Please contact the Immunisation Team prior to attending an immunisation session if:
- Your child was vaccinated overseas
- Your child is over 7 years of age
Young people under 20 years of age can be caught up for missed school vaccinations at any of our immunisation sessions.
If you have any questions regarding your child’s immunisations, please contact Family Services Immunisation on 1300 367 700.
Make a booking for Immunisation
Community Immunisation Drop-in Sessions have moved to appointment-based to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Churchill and Glengarry sessions have merged with Traralgon and Morwell sessions to allow more appointments for community members. Make a booking for an appointment below.
Please note the high-dose flu vaccine Fluad Quad usually provided to community members 65 and over is currently out of stock. The department of Health and Human Services recommends where the high-dose flu vaccine is unavailable the regular flu vaccination is better than no flu vaccination for those 65 and over.
Bookings for July sessions in: