Latrobe City Council is a proud and committed member of two Best Start partnerships. The work of each community partnership supports better outcomes for children and families in greatest need within their communities:
- Latrobe Best Start Partnership (facilitating partner) – works for outcomes for all children and families.
- Djillay Lidji Best Start Partnership (partner) – works for outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families
The Best Start program is a Victorian Government prevention and early intervention program that aims to improve the health, development, learning and wellbeing of children from conception to transition to school (up to eight years old). It is focused on good outcomes for babies and children in their critical early years by making it easier to access the Maternal & Child Health service and Early Childhood Education & Care services (such as kindergarten and supported playgroups).
To discuss how you or your organisation might work in partnership to improve the learning, health and development outcomes of young children and their families, particularly those in greatest need, contact the Best Start Facilitator on 1300 367 700 or email email@example.com
More information about Best Start is available in the Best Start Guidelines.
- Children's Services Plan 2013-17 ()
- Best Start Action Plan 2013-17 ()
- Municipal Early Years Plan 2011-15 (5.72MB)
- AEDC 2015 Developmental Reporting in Latrobe Valey (2.41MB)
- Moe Heights Literacy Project (1.73MB)
- We're all in this together presentation (942.37KB)
- Latrobe Early Years Summit Notes May 2016 (5.88MB)