Animal Welfare Advisory Committee
In April 2019, Council adopted to establish the Animal Welfare Advisory Committee to provide advice, information and feedback to Council in relation to the functions of the Animal Management team and pound operations.
Latrobe City Council is seeking expressions of interest from people or group representatives to fill the following positions on the Animal Welfare Advisory Committee:
- Up to four representatives from the community who may be appointed as individuals or as representatives of local community organisations
The Advisory Committee will meet four times per year for the term of the committee.
The Committee will:
- provide advice to Council on domestic animal management matters including ways in which animal welfare can be continuously improved in the Council pound.
- assist with the review of Council’s Domestic Animal Management Plan and provide advice on the implementation of actions in the Domestic Animal Management Plan;
- review progress of the actions in the Domestic Animal Management Plan; and
- assist in promoting a positive view on options of responsible pet ownership and investigate, provide advice and recommendations relevant to programs that achieve this
The Advisory Committee will include two Councillors (one of whom will act as Chair), up to four representatives from the community who may be appointed as individuals or as representatives of local community organisations, one representative of the Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation (GLaWAC) where GLaWAC choses to nominate a representative, and two Latrobe City Council Officers (ex officio).