Skip to main content

Concession on Rates

Eligible cardholders are entitled to a State Government funded concessions including:

  • Up to $253.20 concession on rates on a principal place of residence; and
  • A $50 concession on the Fire Services Property Levy.

Eligible concession cards

Cards eligible for these concessions include:

  • Australian Pensioner Concession Card
  • Veteran Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card–Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI);
  • Veteran Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card–For All Conditions - War Widow (WW)

Centrelink Healthcare Cards and Seniors Cards are not eligible for a concession.

Applying for a concession

If you are an eligible cardholder and your concession does not appear on your rates notice, then:

Previous Year Municipal Rates Concession

If you were eligible for the State Government Funded concession in the previous financial year but did not claim the concession, please complete the Previous Year Concession Claim Form and return to council by email, in person, or by mail.

You can only claim the concession on a principal place of residence once for the financial year (1 July to 30 June).

Further information about concessions

Learn more about your eligibility for receiving a concession on your rates at Concessions - Department of Families, Fairness and Housing 

Do you like our site?