Latrobe City Council is seeking expressions of interest from community groups and organisations for use of the former Council service centre, located at 44 Albert Street, Moe. An aerial photograph of the site and locality map is shown below:
Until mid 2021, the former service centre and adjoining former Council library was utilised by a lead tenant who also ran from the site the Moe Community Groups Hub. This use has since ceased and Council is currently negotiating a long term lease of the former Moe Library.
Council has not yet made a decision regarding the ongoing use of the former service centre however there is some known community interest in the future of the building. The process of seeking expressions of interest from community groups is expected to inform the future decisions for the immediate and long term use of the building, including opportunities for shared use.
The expression of interest will be open for four weeks, from 9:00am 25 October 2021 to 5:00pm 21 November 2021.
THE FORMER MOE SERVICE CENTRE BUILDING
The building is located at 44 Albert Street, Moe. The building is approximately 425m2 and comprises:
- A main entrance
- Reception and foyer area
- Toilets, lunch room and other amenities
- Several offices
- Meeting room spaces
- Storage areas
WHAT TYPE OF COMMUNITY USE WILL BE CONSIDERED?
Council is interested in hearing from interested community groups and organisations. Use of the site could be shared in order to maximise benefit to the community. Potential uses could include:
- Community group activities
- Clubs or community group meetings
- Other community based activities.
Council will not accept any illegal uses or any uses which involve gambling, consumption of alcohol or loud music.
Proposed use of the site may be subject to planning approval and requirement to obtain a Planning Permit will be the responsibility of any successful lessee or licensee.
HOW DO I SUBMIT AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST?
Expressions of interest should be submitted using the below form by 5.00pm, 5:00pm 21 November 2021. The form can be signed electronically.
You can send the attached form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
During the expression of interest process, applicants will be able to contact Rebecca Fenton, Community Engagement Officer to further discuss their application or submission requirements.
Contact Rebecca Fenton on 1300 367 700.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL I NEED TO PROVIDE?
The application should clearly indicate:
- Type of organisation
- The intended purpose
- Expected member numbers
- The catchment area from where the clients/customers are expected to come
- Facts and figures establishing a need for the proposed service within the community including future trends
- Why Council should allocate the requested facility to the group or entity over others.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SUBMIT?
The application must include:
- A certificate of currency if your organisation has public liability insurance cover
- A copy of the Associations Rules and Statement of Purposes if you are an Incorporated Association
- A copy of your latest audited annual financial statement (this information is required to ascertain if the organisation has the financial capacity to meet lease commitments - rental, outgoings and maintenance expenses)
- Any necessary permits or licences.
Submissions will be evaluated against criteria including:
- How the proposal improves the health and wellbeing of the community
- The way the proposal offers services that meet an identified community need that is not currently being provided within the area or expands an existing service to meet community demand
- The intended use makes optimal use of the space and offers good opportunity for the community to access the services offered
- The intended use is a good fit for the neighbourhood and neighbouring services/facilities
- Locally based groups and services intended for local people have priority over external groups or services for people outside the municipality
- The proposal promotes community participation, inclusiveness, connectedness and partnerships
- Financial capacity to meet or contribute to lease commitments - rental, outgoings and maintenance expenses.
Monday Nov 8, 2021, 9am-11am (bookings essential)
For more information, please contact Rebecca Fenton, Community Engagement Officer on 1300 367 700.