Are you a business-owner wondering how to keep your business COVIDSafe?
Do you wish to know what to do in the event of a customer or staff member attending your business while infected with COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
To learn more, visit this recording of a business seminar held by the State Government for Gippslanders:
There is also a wealth of information on the website of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to help you with such topics as:
- Implementing a COVIDSafe plan
- Maintaining a register of customers
- How the DHHS will contact you if a customer visits your business while infectious with COVID and what you need to do. This will include deep cleaning of your business, for which the DHHS offers a rebate of 80 per cent of costs you incur, up to a maximum of $10,000
- Mental health support for yourself and your staff (Partners in Wellbeing telephone helpline, 1300 375 330 or online at www.business.vic.gov.au and search ‘Partners in Wellbeing’).
The DHHS website is: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Should your business be found to have been visited by a person infected with COVID, the DHHS will contact you. Businesses are urged to have an after-hours contact number available or divert their work phone to their mobile phone to help contact tracers make efficient contact.
Businesses are urged to implement the State Government’s QR code system to help contact tracers should there be an outbreak. Alternatively, there are online record-keeping services available, such as JotForm, often at a cost to the business.
Businesses are advised to install signs reminding customers to sign-in and explaining how their information is used. Signs should also explain how the business is cleaned to ensure public safety and any density quotients that apply.
Businesses are reminded to have COVIDSafe plans in place and update these to reflect current COVID restrictions. Government inspectors will be visiting random businesses to ensure such plans are active. These plans should reflect current people density limits.
For help in creating and maintaining a COVIDSafe plan, go to: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-plan
Essential COVIDSafe principles for businesses:
- ensure physical distancing (1.5 metres)
- wear a face mask
- practise good hygiene
- keep good records and act quickly if staff become unwell
- avoid interactions in close spaces
- create workforce bubbles.
The Business Victoria hotline provides information on restrictions and support to help your workplace plan and respond to COVID-19. Call Business Victoria on 13 22 15.
Other useful links include: