Free public WiFi locations in Latrobe City
LCCFreeWiFi is available outdoors at hotspots across Latrobe City.
Latrobe City Council received a $1.3 million Victorian Government grant to make free WiFi available in the following locations:
How to access LCCFreeWiFi
- Look up available networks on your device
- Select 'LCCFreeWiFi'
- Accept the terms and conditions
You do not need to provide personal information, or passwords or wait for any pop-up advertising to log in.
Staying safe online
No public WiFi is totally secure. Here are some ways to stay safe when accessing any free public WiFi network.
If your WiFi connection isn’t encrypted, others using WiFi in your area may be able to monitor information passing between your device and the network.
Staying safe on public WiFi
- Avoid sensitive transactions like banking
- Maintain anti-virus protection
- Install a trusted VPN app
- Keep software updated
- Have strong passwords
Resources to help you stay safe online
- eSmart: educational tools to tackle bullying and cyberbullying
- eSafety website: information on how to protect children if they experience cyber bullying or prohibited online content
- Kids Helpline: children, teens and young adults aged 5–25 can access free and confidential online and phone counselling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 551 800
- iParent: guidance for using safety settings on your family's web-connected devices
- Stay Smart Online: help to understand risks and simple steps to protect your personal and financial information online
Make a complaint about cyber safety
The Australian Communications and Media Authority has useful information on how to stay safe online. They can help with:
- public complaints
- cyber safety information.
The authority also completes:
- cyber safety research
- information awareness campaigns and activities
- education materials for use in schools.