Shopping trolleys not returned to their owner are considered litter.
They can be:
- a hazard to pedestrians and road users
- unsightly in our parks and reserves
- have an environmental impact on drains and waterways
Report a trolley
Report abandoned trolleys by:
Snap Send Solve
Snap Send Solve is a quick and easy way to report an abandoned trolley without the need for a phone call or email. Just take a photo and send it to the relevant authority, or us.
Snap Send Solve, can used on your computer and mobile device.
Visit TrolleyTracker or free call 1800 641 497 to report abandoned trolleys from Woolworths/Safeway, Big W or Dan Murphys.
Every report to these stores goes in a draw for one of five $1,000 rewards every month!
To report an abandoned trolley, phone the relevant authority:
- For trolleys belonging to Coles, Kmart, First Choice visit Coles Online, free call 1800 876 553
- Coles and Woolworths/Safeway have iPhone and Android mobile phone apps to report abandoned trolleys
- Bunnings phone 1300 554 777
- Target phone 1800 163 900
- ALDI phone 8369 3000
- Officeworks phone 1300 office
- Manny’s Market, Morwell phone 51336067,
- Manny’s Market, Traralgon store phone 5174 8910
We all pay
- Customers ultimately bear the cost when retailers are forced to manage and replace abandoned trolleys.
- Ratepayers eventually pay for managing abandoned trolleys where Council find it necessary to retrieve them from waterways, roads and other locations.