Latrobe City Family Day Care is a high quality early learning and care service for children from six weeks to 12 years of age provided from the educator's home.
Family Day Care offers the flexibility and warmth of a home environment with the consistency of one educator to provide the care and learning suitable to your child’s needs.
This service is managed and operated by the Family Day Care coordination team. They are the first point of contact for advice and information or to enrol your child.
Our educators are all licensed contractors with Latrobe City Council and:
- Hold a Certificate 3 or Diploma in Children Services
- Have a current First Aid certificate that includes asthma and anaphylaxis
- Are regularly monitored and supported by qualified Field Officers from Latrobe City Council
- Participate in regular professional development and Maintain and expand their skills and knowledge
Family Day Care currently has a small number of vacancies in Churchill, Traralgon and Morwell
Fees and charges
- 8am-6pm weekdays $8.50, per child, per hour
- plus, administration levy $1.35 per child, per hour
More fees and charges can be found in Fees and Charges 2019/20(PDF, 107KB)
Child care subsidy
Parents/Guardians may be eligible for the Child Care Subsidy, which will reduce the cost of your Family Day Care. The percentage of the subsidy will vary according to personal circumstances. Contact the Family Assistance Office (FAO) on 136 150, or visit a Centrelink Office to apply or for more information. You will need our Family Day Care Provider Number 555 003 774X to apply.
Please ensure that you apply for your CCS prior to your child commencing care.