Local, State and Federal Governments are working together to create opportunities for economic diversification and growth in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland is home to highly productive dairy, meat and vegetable production industries which have significant processing and value adding potential.
- Potential for processor expansion to meet growing national and global demand for Gippsland’s quality produce.
- Close to existing industry, convenient access to the Princes Freeway (M1) and only 150kms east of Melbourne.
- Current Planning Permit, Approved Development Plan, and existing noise and amenity buffers established.
- Co-locate and collaborate with a successful food manufacturing business and access a workforce with strong agribusiness and manufacturing skills.
- Nearby access to first rate utility services.
Investment opportunity: Princes Highway, Morwell
The Food Manufacturing (Alexanders Road) Precinct provides a high quality ‘modern’ industrial development to cater for larger, high amenity, low density, manufacturing industries.
Thriving in Latrobe - Lion
Lion is one of Australia’s largest food and beverage companies, and have been operating a processing facility located on Alexanders Road Morwell since 1997
The Morwell site directly employs 160 mostly local staff and runs a 24/7 operation.
The facility produces 91,000 tonnes of product per year and is Australia’s largest yoghurt facility.
It produces popular brands which are sold all over Australia and exported to South East Asia. The facility has received investment over the last few years undergoing a $50 Million upgrade to the site’s processing capabilities.
Competitive advantages about being located in Morwell identified by the company included the ability to source its milk locally from the Gippsland Region and its low transport costs.
How to get involved
Get in contact with us to find out more about the opportunities currently available within the precinct and the significant government incentives on offer to establish or grow your business in Latrobe City.
For more information phone Economic Development Department 1300 367 700, or email EcoDev@latrobe.vic.gov.au.
You can also view the Latrobe City Food and Manufacturing Precinct(PDF, 547KB) section of the Investment Prospectus.