As of 1 April 2019, Engie announced the permanent closure of Hazelwood Pondage as a recreational and accessible waterway. There is no community access to the waterway, caravan park or reserve area surrounding the pondage.
Latrobe City Council’s primary concern is operating safe facilities and as the essential fire service is no longer operational, Hazelwood Pondage Caravan Park is now permanently closed.
For inquiries regarding the waterway please contact Engie on 5135 5000.
Lake Narracan is a popular water activities destination. A surface area spanning nearly 300ha makes it ideal for power boating, waterskiing, jet skiing, sail boarding and sailing. It is also a great place for swimming, family picnics and walking.
The public boat ramp at Lake Narracan for launching vessels is located on South Shore Road, Newborough.
For current information on water levels or boating restrictions, please contact the caretaker of the caravan park on (03) 5135 8508 or visit the Southern Rural Water website or contact Latrobe City Council 1300 367 700 for further details.
Prepare to survive - do the five
- Know the weather
- Practice getting back on
- Carry a distress beacon
- Lock in a buddy
- Wear a life jacket
Find out more at msv.vic.gov.au/prepare
Toilets and picnic tables are available for use at Lake Narracan.
Non-powered and powered camp sites are available at Lake Narracan Caravan Park. Facilities include toilet and shower amenities, barbeque and laundry.
Unpowered camp site per night
- Family (up to four people) $34.50
- Extra adult, per person per night $13.50
- Extra child, per child per night $7.50
- Weekly unpowered site $150
Powered camp site per night
- Family (up to four people) $41
- Extra person, per person per night $16.50
- Weekly powered site (up to four people) $213
- No cabins or caravans available. For availability and bookings, phone (03) 5135 8508
- Camping in any foreshore area around the lake is prohibited and penalties may apply.