We know social restrictions make it hard for people without a reliable computer, device or internet connection to submit Council forms. To help with this, you can now submit our forms through the After Hours Book Return chute at any library branch, when you are out doing your essential business.
- Ensure your form is in an envelope or securely fastened
- Do not include payments by cash or cheque, or confidential or private original documents
- Payments can be made via the contact centre on 1300 367 700
- Library staff will not be able to follow up any errors or missed information
Computers and internet
We offer free computer and internet access at all Latrobe City Libraries. You need a valid library membership and to accept our guidelines to use these services. Please note, there are charges for printing, USBs and head phones.
How to book a computer
There is no charge to use the public access computers. However, you must book in person, or by phoning your local branch.
- Computers can be booked for up to 45 minutes per day.
- If you do not log in within ten minutes of your scheduled booking time, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- Guest passes (for people new to the area or visitors) are limited to one 30 minute booking only. Library membership is free - ask our staff about the benefits and how to join.
- Software installed includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You can bring your own laptop, iPad or mobile device and connect to our free Wi-Fi service during library opening hours. There is no printing available through the Wi-Fi system. Library staff may not be trained or experienced in all services and programs available. We may be able to provide basic help and assist in troubleshooting problems but cannot provide one-to-one tuition in the use of the computer, your laptop or the internet.
Copying, printing and scanning
Photocopying, printing and scanning* is available at all libraries. For current prices, see Library Fees and Charges document.
Please note that the Morwell Library is now cashless. Learn more about cashless libraries.
*Scanning is free of charge.