Computers and internet
We offer free computer and internet access at all Latrobe City Libraries. You need a valid library membership and to accept our guidelines to use these services. Please note, there are charges for printing, USBs and head phones.
How to book a computer
There is no charge to use the public access computers, however, you must book either in person, by phoning 1300 367 700 or at any of the public access catalogues in the libraries. Software installed includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bookings can be made up to a week in advance.
- Computers can be booked for thirty minutes or one hour blocks.
- Up to a one hour extension may be given, subject to availability.
- If you do not log in within ten minutes of your scheduled booking time, your booking will automatically be cancelled.
- Guest passes (for people new to the area or visitors) are limited to one 30 minute booking only. Library membership is free - ask our staff about the benefits and how to join.
You can bring your own laptop, iPad or mobile device and connect to our free Wi-Fi service during library opening hours. There is no printing available through the Wi-Fi system. Library staff may not be trained or experienced in all services and programs available. We may be able to provide basic help and assist in troubleshooting problems but cannot provide one-to-one tuition in the use of the computer, your laptop or the internet.
Copying, printing and scanning
Photocopying, printing and scanning* is available at all libraries. For current prices, see Library Fees and Charges document.
Please note that from 1 August, the Morwell Library will go cashless. Learn more about cashless libraries.
*Scanning is free of charge.