As a member of Latrobe City libraries, your library card can be used at any of over 100 libraries across Victoria that are part of the Libraries Victoria Consortium network. No matter where you travel throughout Victoria – whether holidaying along the Murray, visiting regional centres like Ballarat, or spending time in the City, you are sure to find a Libraries Victoria library nearby.
Why not download the Libraries Victoria app? It gives you access to your library account 24/7. You can:
- Place and manage your holds
- Search for titles
- Keep up to date with new fiction titles
- Scan an ISBN barcode to see if a title is available at a Libraries Victoria library
Download here for android devices
Download here for Apple devices
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of Libraries Victoria?
- Borrow and return items from over 100 libraries across Victoria.
- Place holds on items belonging to any participating library for you to borrow at your local library
- No need for multiple library cards filling your wallet.
- Take care of fees/fines at any participating library.
Do I need to replace my existing library card?
No. As a member of a Libraries Victoria library, you can use your existing library card.
Do all libraries have the same loan periods and rules?
Each Library Service sets its own loan periods, rules for borrowing and fine rates for overdue items. Be sure to familiarise yourself with the rules of the libraries that you borrow from. For instance, If you return books late that you borrowed directly from some Libraries Victoria libraries, you may be charged overdue fines.
Latrobe City Libraries no longer charges overdue fines.
What if I have cards from more than one library?
If you have multiple library cards from different libraries, you will be asked which card will be your primary membership for borrowing. You only need one card for borrowing, and any other Library cards are only used to access Online Resources or made inactive. Library staff will be happy to discuss this in detail with you.
Can I access e-books and online services with my Libraries Victoria One Card?
Each Library Service has its own e-book and online subscriptions. If you want to access those services from a library other than your “home” Library, you can ask for an additional ONLINE membership. Online members cannot borrow, but can make use of internet services such as ebooks and emagazines.
How do I know if a library is a Libraries Victoria Consortium member?
- View the list of participating Libraries Victoria Libraries on this Google Map
- Contact the library directly