Many of these online resource will require library membership to access.
- Price It! provides a comprehensive pricing tool for collectors, dealers, appraisers and anyone in between with more than 10 million images and 125 searchable categories.
Encyclopaedias and reference
- Britannica Library: general encyclopaedia for adults, students and younger children, providing access to articles, journals, photos, maps, illustrations, video and audio clips
- Macquarie Dictionary Online: covers English as it is used in Australia from the colourfully colloquial to the highly technical. It provides etymologies for words and some of the more interesting phrases we use
- Australian Dictionary of Biography: includes biographies of people who were significant in Australian history
- CIA Fact Book: covers the history, government, economy and geography of countries of the world
Books & Reading
- Hoonuit: provides video based online software training and support tutorials, free to library members
- Training Notes in Other Languages from Tech Savvy Seniors: Dari, Greek, Hindi, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese
- Digital Learn: includes tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain
- GFC Free Learning has tutorials covering computers and technology, as well as maths, reading
- Aussie Drivers.com: allows learner drivers to test their knowledge of road rules.
It is free, interactive and provides immediate feedback so leaners can be prepared when they sit the real test.
- RealTimeHealth: Digital Health Network. watching these first-hand stories about people who have been diagnosed with chronic conditions may help your medical knowledge and improve your understanding of what it is like to live with and manage these condition on a day to day basis
- Better Health Channel: state government website providing health and medical information to help improve health and wellbeing
- The Cochrane Library: includes reliable evidence from reviews, clinical trials and more, free to residents of Australia by the federal government.
- Translated Health Directory: directory links to online health resources in many different languages provided by government departments, hospitals, peak health bodies, community health centres and welfare agencies
Home work help
- Homework Help: find out more about the digital resources available to you to at your local Latrobe Library
Newspapers and magazines
See also eMagazines
- PressReader: online access to today's newspapers from around the world in full colour full-page format. Read a newspaper in your own language with over 1000 newspapers to choose from. (Instructions)
- Popular Magazines Plus: magazines and newspaper from Australia and around the world
- General OneFile: provides access to periodical and news information on a diverse set of topics, including humanities, education, business, science, current events, art, politics, economics, social science, law and general interest topics
- Trove Historic Australian Newspapers: access to historical newspapers from all states across Australia. Gippsland newspapers are well represented and include the Traralgon Record, the Morwell Advertiser and the Gippsland Times. Use advanced search to search a specific newspaper title or a range. You can also limit your search to news, family notices and sporting results.
Science and technology
- Science in Context: encyclopaedia and magazine articles relating to science, also includes biographies, dictionary and timelines
- Britannica Library: a general encyclopaedia for adults, students and younger children, providing access to articles, journals, photos, maps, illustrations, video and audio clips
- ABC Science: the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's online gateway to science
- CSIRO: Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation