Library membership is free.
You can join online or when you visit any of our libraries in Churchill, Moe, Morwell and Traralgon. You will need to provide two forms of identification, one of which must show your name and current residential address. This may be a drivers licence, health care card, billing notice, rental receipt etc. If you're aged under 16, your parent or guardian must provide their ID to sponsor your membership.
To join online, go to the Online Membership Form. When you complete the form, you will receive a temporary membership number. This temporary number allows you to reserve books and other items by placing holds on the Latrobe City Libraries catalogue. This number will expire in three months.
To borrow items and use the libraries online services, you will need a permanent library card. To receive your permanent library card you must visit your local library and present your identification and proof of address details. Please bring your temporary User number with you to give to library staff. Persons under the age of 16 will require a parent or guardians signature.
If you are already a library member, do not join again. Your User ID is the number displayed on your library membership card. Key this number (without spaces into the User ID box in the library catalogue. If you have forgotten your pin, you can contact your local library or if you have an email address, you can reset your own PIN.
Your membership card enables you to borrow items from the library, use the library PCs and access the collection of online resources from home. Your membership card must be presented for all library transactions.
You can request a PIN (personal identification number), which together with your membership barcode number, will allow you to access the library catalogue online to place holds or renew loans. it is important to key in your membership barcode number without any spaces between numbers. If you are unable to remember your PIN, you can reset it online and a reset link will be sent to your email address.
Why join? As a member, you can
- borrow up to 25 items including books, DVDs, CDs, talking books and magazines
- download eBooks and e-magazines
- borrow items from other Victorian public libraries
- access online resources such as computer school, yourtutor and library Pressdisplay
- use the PCs and wireless network in all libraries
- use the library's facilities and resources
- join in children's holiday activities, preschool storytime and programs for adults.
Your responsibilities are to
- return items on time
- treat library items with care
- pay any overdue charges or replacement costs for lost or damaged items
- notify the library of any change to your details
- notify the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen