Come along to preschool storytime and share in the wonderful and sometimes wacky world of books. Enjoy some fun stories, songs, poems and activities. Story time is free and you do not need to book. The session are aimed at children aged between 3 and 5 years old.
Storytime at Latrobe City Libraries aims to encourage children to enjoy books and reading. Listening to stories and songs helps children to develop their language and motor skills. Storytime introduces children to a wide range of books and gives your child the opportunity to mix with other children.
How to make a happy storytime for your child
- Arrive a bit early so your child is settled when story time starts
- If your child is restless or unhappy, feel free to leave and come back another time
- Avoid talking to other parents during the stories, it can distract your child and the storyteller
- Spend some time with your child choosing books to take home between story time sessions
Storytime is held during school term through the year. Where a library holds more than one sessions during the week, themes and stories are repeated for each session. Storytime resumes in 2017 in the 2nd week of February from Tuesday 7 February.
- Wednesdays 11am
- Tuesdays 10:30am and 11:30am
- Thursdays 10:30am and 11:30am
Traralgon Library runs an after-school story session for older children every Wednesday at 3:45pm