How to place an item on hold
Catalogue help: Placing holds on titles
- Enter your User ID and Pin in the login form that appears in the top right hand corner of the website.
Your User ID is the number on your library card. Your library card will either be a 14 digit number starting with 2003200 or a 8 digit starting with 32.. Key in the full number without spaces.
If you haven’t been allocated a Pin, ask library staff.
- Type in your search words in the Search box and selects ‘words or phrase’, author, title, subject, series or periodical title in the drop down menu then click on Search.
- When you locate the title that you want, click the Place Hold button
- Select your Pickup library from the drop down menu. You do not need to change anything else
Then click on Place Hold.
- The next screen confirms that the hold has been placed. Click OK to return to the search screen
- When the hold is available you will be sent a notice telling you that you have 14 days, from the arrival of the item at your designated library, in which to pick it up.
Hold notices can now be sent by mail or e-mail, sms or landline messaging