Works Permit Applications are available from Service Centres in Traralgon, Morwell or Moe.
Road Reserves and Parks
Before you begin works within road reserves and parks you may require a works permit. Works might include:
- Construction and widening of driveways;
- Connection of property drains to stormwater drainage system or kerb and channel;
- Installation of utility services such as water, sewerage, electricity, gas and telecommunications;
- Any other excavation works.
You must obtain a permit before starting work on the construction or alteration of any vehicle crossing within Latrobe City.
Written council approval must also be obtained if:
- A vehicle crossing already exists for the property and the new crossing would be an additional point of access. (If the existing crossing is to become redundant, then it must be removed and the kerb reinstated at the permit holder's cost)
- The vehicle crossing will be wider than 3 metres, this includes widening an existing vehicle crossing beyond 3 metres.
Vehicle Crossing Permit Application(DOC, 74KB)
Stormwater Legal Point of Discharge & Stormwater Connections
You must get approval by an authorised Council Officer for the connection of property stormwater drainage to the specified legal point of discharge.
Stormwater Connection Application(DOC, 74KB)
Stormwater Legal Point of Discharge Application(DOC, 79KB)
Building Site Asset Inspection
You may require a permit before starting building construction or renovation works near council assets. This permit covers the inspection of assets, such as kerb and footpath, within the road reserve before works start and a follow-up inspection after completion of works. Any damage caused during construction will need to be reinstated by the permit holder at their cost.
Asset Protection Permit Application(PDF, 145KB)
Temporary Road Occupation
You must obtain a permit to temporarily occupy a place that is owned or managed by council; this includes car parks, roads, footpaths etc. Works cannot start before a permit is issued.
For Temporary Road Occupation Permit applications please contact Latrobe City Council's Asset Protection Officer on 1300 367 700.
You must obtain a permit to excavate a council road or nature strip. Works cannot start before a permit is issued.
For Road Opening Permit applications please contact Latrobe City Council's Asset Protection Officer on 1300 367 700.