Handy hints: your recycling bin will have a dark green or yellow lid. All items must be loose and not in plastic bags. Please rinse containers to help prevent odour.
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminium and steel cans, aerosols and foil
- Plastic milk, juice, soft drink and detergent bottles
- Ice cream, margarine and some yoghurt containers
- Plastic codes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- Milk and juice cartons
- Cardboard boxes (flatten to prevent jamming)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Letters, envelopes and advertising material
- Work and school papers, telephone books
- Grass clippings and weeds (free of soil)
- Leaves (free of soil)
- Garden prunings
- Small logs and raw timber off cuts (maximum size 10 cm x 30 cm)
Handy hints: your green waste bin will have a lime green lid. All items must be loose and not in plastic bags. Green waste maximum weight is 60 kg.
- Domestic rubbish including ceramics and meat
- Plastic wrap, packaging, shopping bags, plant pots etc.
- Polystyrene foam cups, packaging & meat trays
- Broken crockery, mirrors, light globes, drinking glasses, window glass (wrapped)
Handy hints: your garbage bin will have a red lid. All items should be securely bagged to prevent spillage during collection. No recycling or green waste.
- Asbestos, building or trade waste
- Toxic, chemical or medical waste
- Oils, solvents, paints
- Hot ashes
- Engine or car parts
- Soil or mulch
- Liquids of any kind
Handy hint: these items are harmful and must not go into any of your bins. For disposal options, check our Detox Your Home facility at the Morwell Transfer Station.