You don’t need to be an existing student leader or have an established position within the community to apply.
If you have energy and ideas about how to make Latrobe City a better place for young people, we want to hear from you.
Download an application form or contact Andrew at Latrobe City on 1300 367 700.
As a Youth Councillor you will meet once a fortnight to discuss a range of issues and bring relevant ideas to the Latrobe City Councillors.
- Develop your confidence and leadership skills
- Broaden your knowledge of your local community
- Represent the young people of Latrobe City at conferences such as the Sister Cities Australia National Conference
- Attend community events, special functions and conferences
- Meet with the Latrobe City Councillors and attend Council meetings
- Be nominated for leadership positions such as Youth Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Secretary
Interested? Contact Latrobe City on 1300 367 700 to find out more.