Understanding your experience with Latrobe City Council is important to us and will help us improve. One way of doing this is knowing when we have not met your expectations.

How Do I Make a Complaint?

You can make a complaint:


Complaints can be made online by submitting one of the below online forms:

In writing

Complaints can be made in writing to,

Latrobe City Council,
PO Box 264,
Morwell Vic 3840


Email us at:

Alternatively you can fax your written complaint to (03) 5128 5672

In Person

Complaints can be made in person with all of our Customer Information Officers at the front desk of any of our Service Centres in Churchill, Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.

If you need assistance to make a complaint, our front office staff will be able to help you or you can call us on 1300 367 700.

If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service (

  • TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 367 700
  • Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 367 700
  • Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1300 367 700

What Happens Next?

We will let you know that we have received your complaint.

We will try to resolve your complaint within 28 days of receiving it. To investigate, we may need to contact you using the contact details you have provided.

If we cannot resolve your complaint within 28 days, we will let you know and give you an estimate of the further time required.

You will always be informed of the outcome of your complaint with reasons for our decision.

Not Happy With Our Decision About Your Complaint?

If you are not happy about the outcome of your complaint, you can request an internal review.

An internal review may be requested at any time within two weeks of the date of our response to you. If you wish to request an internal review, you may do so using any of the methods set out above for making a complaint.

What Happens With an Internal Review?

An internal review is generally conducted by the General Manager of the department. A General Manager is the level in council reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.

We will typically let you know the outcome of an internal review within 28 days of the date your request for an internal review is received.

Referring Your Complaint to an External Agency

At any time, you may refer your complaint to an external agency, although an external agency may ask you to try to resolve your complaint with council first.

The Victorian Ombudsman is an independent body established to provide a fair hearing of complaints. You can contact the Victorian Ombudsman by phone 9613 6222 or email

There are other complaint resolution bodies to refer your complaint to.

Protecting your Privacy

We handle your personal information in accordance with privacy laws and will use the information you provide only for the purposes of resolving your complaint.