You can find information on the latest emergency warnings via:
- SES website at www.ses.vic.gov.au/warnings or on Facebook www.facebook.com/vicses or via Twitter on twitter.com/vicsesnews
- Vic Emergency App or visit emergency.vic.gov.au
For weather warnings and forecasts visit www.bom.gov.au
For road closures visit alerts.vicroads.vic.gov.au
Recovery Referral Form
Flood and Storm clean-up information
Tree, Road and Drainage Works
Tree clearing and roads and drainage works continue across Latrobe City as part of the flood and storm events response.
Governments Support for Storm and Flood Recovery
Latrobe City Council has welcomed support from the State and Federal governments to help the municipality recover from the storm and flood event of 9 and 10 June 2021.
Need for Feed
Farmers in need of fodder are invited to receive hay from a bale drop by Need for Feed Australia this Saturday, 26 June, in conjunction with Lions clubs.
Smaller trucks and utes will be available to deliver hay directly to properties. Large trucks will bring hay to the area.
To receive an allocation of feed, farmers:
- Must register with both Council on Crisisworks and Need for Feed’s website, www.needforfeed.org (click on ‘Apply for assistance’ tab).
To contact Council, phone the call centre on 1300 367 700.
If there are problems with access to the property, there may be availability in Yinnar for farmers to collect feed directly from the distribution point.
Community members are reminded you are not permitted to collect storm damaged timber from roadsides. Not only does this pose a risk to your personal safety, this also causes a traffic hazard and impacts the safety of workers.
The removal of roadside timber is not permitted at this stage. Authorities will advise of potential wood collection sites when areas have been declared safe.
- Call the SES on 132 500 from anywhere in Victoria for flood and storm emergency
- Centrelink (Information on payments and services) 132 850
- DPI - Department of Primary Industry (For agricultural and farming enquiries) 136 186
- DHS - Department of Human Services (For community and housing services) 1300 650 172
- Salvation Army (Food / Clothing) 137 258
- Vic Roads (Traffic Hazards) 131 170
- Gippsland Crisis Line (Personal support - 24hr service) 1800 629 572
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1800 512 348
- Kids Helpline Official 1800 55 1800
We have been overwhelmed by those who have reached out offering support, demonstrating both care and compassion for those who have been affected by the floods. While we love seeing your generosity, Latrobe City Council is unable to accept donations of any sort, monetary, food or hard goods.
To donate goods visit www.givit.org.au
English and translated flood factsheets (printable)
For translated information in over 20 languages visit our Health Translation website.
- After a flood: animal and insect related hazards
- After a flood: mould and your health
- After a flood: returning home safely
- Food safetly and power outages
- Power outages: using alternative fuel and electricity generation safely
EnergySafe - Your guide to power outages