Latrobe Leisure Centres will temporarily close as of 11.59pm, Wednesday 5 August.
This closure is in line with new Stage 3 restrictions imposed by the State government across regional Victoria, aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
At the direction of the Chief Health Officer gyms and indoor sporting venues will close.
This directive applies to:
• Latrobe Leisure Moe Newborough;
• Latrobe Leisure Morwell;
• Latrobe Leisure Churchill;
• Traralgon Sports Stadium; and
• Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre.
The health and safety of our community, visitors and staff remains our priority.
Keep up to date by visiting our Facebook page www.facebook.com/latrobeleisure
Latrobe City Council is committed to providing leisure facilities, services and programs that are accessible and meet the needs of the community.
The purpose of the Latrobe Leisure Special Fees Policy is to increase physical activity opportunities for the Latrobe City community by reducing social and economic barriers to participation.
In summary, the Policy includes:
- Increasing Latrobe Leisure’s rate of concession to 25% for both casual entry and memberships.
- Providing a 40% discount for ‘Off-Peak Memberships' as a means to encourage access to Council’s leisure facilities at a reduced cost whilst also activating the centres during low patronage times.
- Providing a 20% discount for incorporated not-for-profit organisations and community groups that meet specific criteria outlined in the Policy.
For more information on the Policy, please contact your local Latrobe Leisure centre.