Are you writing your autobiography or memoir and researching your family history?
How do you gather and sort the information you’ll need to start a memoir or autobiography? Who is your story for? Learn the basic techniques to bring your story to life in this eight-week course.
14 July: Meet and Greet and Introduction
- Meet the other participants and an overview of the course.
21 July: Putting the Pieces Together
- How do you gather the information you’ll need to start? We’ll look at the different ways available to you.
28 July: Memoir or Autobiography?
- What is the difference? Which one suits your story?
4 August: Basic Writing Techniques
- Learn the basic techniques to bring your story to life.
11 August: Compare and Contrast
- Understand how memories can differ from person to person by talking to family and reading memoirs and autobiographies.
18 August: Trash or Treasure?
- How do you sort through the information you’ll receive and tell your story?
25 August: Who is Your Story For?
- Is your story for family or the wider world?
1 September: Spit and Polish
- Tidy your thoughts and ideas ready to write.
Your ticket is for the entire program. Sessions run weekly on a Thursday from 10am to 12noon. $5 booking fee.
This event may be photographed.
The Moe Library and Service Centre has:
- Wheelchair accessibility and toilets
- Sensory room available (not completely quiet or dark, stimulation toys provided)
- Portable Assistive Listening System available (please let us know if needed in advance)
- Films have subtitles (white text on black background)
We take access and inclusion seriously. We are committed to making every event as accessible and inclusive as possible for all members of our community. If you have a specific access request, would like further information or want to provide any suggestions, we would love to hear from you email@example.com or 1300 367 700.