Latrobe City Council would like to reassure the community that all essential council services are continuing.
Since Premier Daniel Andrews announced the shut-down, of “non-essential” activities effective from midday Monday 23 March 2020, Council has been working hard to ensure all appropriate measures are enacted.
Essential services which will continue to be delivered are:
- Waste collection including transfer stations,
- Meals on Wheels (through service support provision),
- Childcare, Maternal and Child health,
- Home Care services (at a reduced capacity),
- Animal pound; and
- Response to critical infrastructure and maintenance requirements.
Council has a critical role to play in supporting our most vulnerable community members and has adopted a Business Continuity Plan to ensure minimal impact to its vital services.
The following services and facilities are available under the restrictions introduced by the State and Federal governments.