Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Latrobe City Council essential council services are continuing. This assurance follows the state-wide implementation of a Stage 3 shutdown of non-essential activity aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Since Premier Daniel Andrews announced the shut-down, of “non-essential” activities effective from midday Monday 23 March 2020, Council has been working hard to ensure all appropriate measures are enacted.
Essential services which will continue to be delivered are:
- Waste collection including transfer stations,
- Meals on Wheels (through service support provision),
- Childcare, Maternal and Child health,
- Home Care services (at a reduced capacity),
- Animal pound; and
- Response to critical infrastructure and maintenance requirements.
Council has a critical role to play in supporting our most vulnerable community members and has adopted a Business Continuity Plan to ensure minimal impact to its vital services.
Our customer service team has been assisting the community in person, over the phone and online as we transition to changes in our service delivery. They will continue to do so, however face to face contact ceased at the close of business Tuesday 24 March 2020.