Opportunity for a ‘Logistics and Freight Precinct’ on new, undeveloped land in a highly sought after area.
- Home of Gippsland’s Intermodal Freight Terminal with established significant rail siding, get direct rail access to the Port of Melbourne.
- High quality large scale industrial, appropriately zoned, fully serviced land.
- Close to existing industry, convenient access to the Princes Freeway (M1) and only 150 kms east of Melbourne.
- Potential for competitive lease arrangements for potential investors, reducing capital expenditure for start-up.
- Site has appropriate zoning in place and over $5m in infrastructure established.
- State and Federal Government funding, as well as local government and rail authorities, supporting development of the site.
- Co-locate and collaborate with other successful manufacturing businesses and access a workforce with strong manufacturing and engineering skills.
Investment opportunity: Tramway Road, Morwell
The Gippsland Logistics Precinct (GLP) is a unique industrial development opportunity in the heart of the Gippsland region. The GLP will be the gateway to the world for businesses in the Gippsland region, with the Port of Melbourne in easy reach via rail.
Funding and investment is underway with $5.36 million of works to be delivered by 2020.
Thriving in Latrobe - Freight logistics
Latrobe City Council has had a significant long term interest and involvement in facilitating an open access intermodal freight terminal to meet the needs of our region.
The development of the Gippsland Logistics Precinct establishes a centre for the efficient and cost effective movement of freight to and from the Gippsland region.
How to get involved
Get in contact with us to find out more about the opportunities currently available within the precinct and the significant government incentives on offer to establish or grow your business in Latrobe City.
For more information phone Economic Development Department 1300 367 700, or email EcoDev@latrobe.vic.gov.au.
You can also view the Latrobe City Gippsland Logistics Precinct(PDF, 707KB) section of the Investment Prospectus.