Costs for additional bins
120 L Garbage Bin $211
240 L Garbage Bin $311
240 L Garbage Bin (Special Circumstances) $240
240 L Garbage Bin (Special Medical) $211
Organics/Green Waste $47
Report a missed collection
Contact Cleanaway on 1800 007 543.
Report a damaged or stolen bin
Damaged or stolen bins will be repaired or replaced at no cost to you.
Request repair of a damaged bin
Report missing or stolen bin
Application for larger garbage bin
Residents with the following household circumstances are eligible to apply for the larger 240 litre bin:
- Seven or more people
- Six or more people, including one child in disposable nappies
- Two or more children in disposable nappies
- Special medical circumstances
Apply for a larger bin
Commercial and rural collections
Commercial properties are required to have separate garbage and recycling but are exempt from green waste. Waste management options for commercial properties, rural and off-route properties are also available. Phone 1300 367 700 to discuss your options.
Avoid bin contamination
- Get it right on bin night; check our A-Z Recycling Guide(PDF, 103KB).
- Contamination occurs when incorrect items are placed in your bins, even in your garbage bin.
- If you collect recyclable containers or green waste in plastic bags, remember to always EMPTY the bag into the bin.
- Landfill is our most expensive way of disposing of waste. If it can be put into your recycle bin or green waste bin, do it.
- Contamination is a form of pollution and an offence under Local Laws. If your bin is found to be contaminated, it will be stickered. You will be sent a letter, and you will be required to remove the incorrect items from your bin before it can be emptied.
Find your bin collection day
Your garbage bin will be collected once a week.
Your recycling bin and your green waste bin will be collected on alternate weeks on the same day as your garbage.
Use the correct bin
For the most detailed information, refer to our A-Z Recycling Guide(PDF, 103KB)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminium and steel cans, aerosols and foil
- Plastic milk, juice, soft drink and detergent bottles
- Ice cream, margarine and some yoghurt containers
- Plastic codes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- Milk and juice cartons
- Cardboard boxes (flatten to prevent jamming)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Letters, envelopes and advertising material
- Work and school papers, telephone books
Handy hints: your recycling bin will have a dark green or yellow lid. All items must be loose and not in plastic bags. Please rinse containers to help prevent odour.
Green Waste Bin
- Grass clippings and weeds (free of soil)
- Leaves (free of soil)
- Garden pruning's
- Small logs and raw timber off cuts (maximum size 10cm diameter x 30cm length)
Handy hints: your green waste bin will have a lime green lid. All items must be loose and not in plastic bags. Green waste maximum weight is 60 kg.
- Domestic rubbish including ceramics and meat
- Plastic wrap, packaging, shopping bags, plant pots etc.
- Polystyrene foam cups, packaging & meat trays
- Broken crockery, mirrors, light globes, drinking glasses, window glass (wrapped)
Handy hints: your garbage bin will have a red lid. All items should be securely bagged to prevent spillage during collection. No recycling or green waste.
No, not in any bin
- Asbestos, building or trade waste
- Toxic, chemical or medical waste
- Oils, solvents, paints
- Hot ashes
- Engine or car parts
- Soil or mulch
- Liquids of any kind
Handy hint: these items are harmful and must not go into any of your bins.
Ensure an efficient service
- Place bins out the night before or by 6am on collection day
- Place bins with wheels facing away from the road
- Place bins with half a metre space between each bin, with the front edge about half a metre from the kerb and one metre clear of any obstacles
- If you live in a court bowl or dead end street, please place your bins along the straight section of road
- Make sure the lid can close completely
- Bins should be removed from the kerbside within 24 hours after collection
- Do not remove any bins from your premises when you change residence