In 2011/12 Council continues to demonstrate its commitment to significant investment in the liveability of Latrobe City.
Some of the major initiatives in this years capital works are;
- $1.8m for the replacement of the Franklin Street Bridge, Traralgon;
- $15.5m for roads, drains, footpath and traffic safety works across the region;
- $1.4m for the completion of the Moe Early Learning Centre;
- $1.1m for the completion of the detailed design of the Moe Rail Precinct Masterplan;
- $2m for the implementation of various aspects of adopted recreation plans and other recreational liveability projects:
- Skate Parks in Morwell, Traralgon South and Yinnar;
- Tyers Recreation Reserve and Yallourn North Town Oval change room and toilet upgrades;
- Tennis court resurfacing at Traralgon and Glengarry;
- Leisure facilities upgrades and lighting upgrade at Pegasus Soccer Club in Morwell.
- $1.3m for the implementation of the Churchill Town Centre Plan.
Further information on how your rates are spent is detailed in the Latrobe City Council Annual Report .